Homemade dairy-free milk that comes together on a whim. All it takes is a blender, some water, and nut butter.
Enjoy it with these other recipes:
Mixed Nut Butter Milk
A quick and easy way to make nut milk with any of our nut butters. Use this with our New Orleans Style Cold Brew Concentrate recipe.
- 1 - 2 tbs The New Favorite* (Almond, Pecan, and Cashew Nut Butter)
- 2 Cups Water, preferably filtered
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum**
- 1 - 2 Pitted Dates, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- 1 - 2 tbs Maple Syrup/Honey
- Spices, to taste (Cinnamon, Cardamom, Nutmeg, etc.)
- Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender for 30-60 seconds, then strain out solids using cheesecloth, a t-shirt, a pillowcase, etc. and squeeze to get every drop.
Use this in coffee, oatmeal, custards, baked goods, curries (in place of coconut milk), etc.
*Use more/less nut butter depending on preferred creaminess
**Xanthan Gum will help with thickening and prevent separation. Bob's Red Mill makes this.