Spicy Thai Romesco
We developed this recipe for our favorite preserves company - Blake Hill Preserves. They're developing the most innovative products we've seen in jam and other preserves, all while keeping the ingredients simple, just like us!
Romesco is a sauce traditionally from Catalan Spain, made from tomato, bell pepper, raw garlic, whole almonds, vinegar, and a few other things. We put a Thai spin by swapping out almonds for Coconut Flurry, and by using Blake Hill's Thai Chili Jam for acidity and heat. Then, we stir minced basil in to finish.
See us make it here.
Serve alongside white fish or roasted veggies, or serve as a dip at your next gathering. It will blow your guests away!
4 roma tomatoes
1 large red bell pepper
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 limes, juice only
2 slices country style bread, lightly toasted and torn into small pieces
¼ cup fresh basil, finely minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
¾ cup "Coconut Flurry" - Our Coconut, Cashew, Pecan Nut Butter with Natural Cacao Butter
- Set broiler on high. Place tomatoes on a baking sheet under broiler and char on each side. Allow to cool. Then peel, core, de-seed and roughly chop.
- Place bell pepper on baking sheet under broiler. Periodically rotate until skin is completely charred and black all over, at least 10 minutes. There should be little to no un-charred skin remaining. Place in a covered pot or bowl. Allow to rest and steam for 15 minutes. Then peel, core, de-seed and roughly chop.
- To the bowl of a blender or food processor, add tomato, garlic, and bell pepper. Blend to combine. Add bread and blend until a paste forms. Scrape down sides. Add jam, nut butter, and olive oil. Blend to combine.
- Add half of lime juice, blend, then add salt, pepper, and remaining lime juice to taste. Stir in minced basil.
- Serve alongside white fish or roasted vegetables and Enjoy!